POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a contest....... : Re: How about a contest....... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about a contest.......
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 21 Mar 2007 08:04:13
Message: <46012d4d$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message

> "Kyle" <hob### [at] gatenet> schreef in bericht
>>
>> Instead of having a contest, how about having a round of ping-pong?  One
>> player creates a basic scene, and then another player takes that scene
>> and adds his/her twist to it.  The scene then goes back
>> and forth between the players for a predefined number of rounds.  Each
>> pass between the players can be posted in povray.binaries.images and
>> povray.binaries.scene-files so that everyone can observe the
>> progress.
>>

> A couple of years ago, some people did just that in this community, but it
> pettered out fairly rapidly as far as I can remember.

This?
http://hof.povray.org/capriccio.html
It was a group project, but not quite "ping-pong" like Kyle described.

Kyle has an interesting idea, imho.  It could be similar to my "Give me
seven sentences" idea that I posted in p.o-t a few weeks ago.  In other
words, one person posts a seed, and then others take it and add to it, with
the possibility creating multiple branches.  In that way, no one is ever
held to any sort of responsibility.  You can either add to it or not.  It
certainly wouldn't be a contest, but the results may be interesting, and
depending on who joins-in, it could be a learning experience for a lot of
us.